Monday, January 17, 2011

New Year ⋅ New Hope ⋅ New Path

Will it be a little bit out of fashioned to write about some kind of stuffs regarding new year while it has already come to the end of January? Woops, as a pure-real-tranditional Chinese young man, since it still left several days before the Lunar New Year descends upon us, I personally think that I'm still in the right time to catch up the last train :)

Okay, enough chattering. Year 2010 was a big year for me. It brought me to hop from a tempting pinnacle of starting point, push me down with an extremely frightened 'falling down' feeling and then straight away hit to a glossy surface but full with caves. In the end, I woke up with an ever-broadened prespective. Failure in SAT I, rejection from NTU, mistake in applying UCLA, UC Berkeley, those experiences undoubtedly provided me with a precious moment to really comtemplate about my ability and to really understand how much effort that I still need to put it on. Tons of people might wondering about this part, I mean, my education/further studies, in promise, I will further interpret for it once everything work out OK. On the other hand, work in Sony Malaysia, participation in Asian Science Camp, involvement in several national conferences and events, led me to realize how astonishing that the people in the other communities. Their passion, enthusiasm and attitude were what I should learn and keep working on.

Thus, what's the next plan for the Year 2011?

You know, right after undergoing the dreadful year of 2010 which sort of like leading to nowhere thoughout the year, I'm now so much hungry to set out a distinct path for the new year. Collecting all sort of jigsaw puzzle piece by piece and matching up them toward my ultimate goal. In a short speculation, I prepared a neat 'To-do' list for that. Let's see what should I do/ought to do/eager to do in year 2011. Of couse, they're not sorted in priority.

To-Do List:
Be more proactive. At least five blog posts per month. (Okay, I know I failed on this month)
Exposed to oversea experience. Both study and travel.
Raise back my entrepreneurial bent. Gonna kick start for something big.
Be serious in computer studies. Going to complete my self-study in web technology: CSS, XML, PHP, SQL, Javascript, Ajax, in both theory and practical works and further up my step toward Objective-C and Cocoa.
Set out a real-valuable-professional research work in Computer Science. Not the topsy-turvy that I did before.
Improve my second language - English. Both speaking and writting. At least getting near to a native speaker.
Get deep into business area stuffs. Stock, forex, business managment, etc. Understand the real theory behind, keep following up the latest movement of the world business topics.
Relationship? Okay, this one to be really optional @_@

The roads are there, tread them softly.

Happy New Year to everyone, wish everyone have a good good year :)

1 comment:

  1. Hope you catch up all the things you want just like we used to catch up those stars in the sky!With passion and confidence! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete